Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Horse Breed: Percheron

I really hesitate to post these, quite honestly, they are so bad. :) But you know, I'm going to do it anyway, because you win some, and you lose some, and then you learn and improve. In theory. :) The drawing isn't really "so" bad, though I'm still struggling with the pencil-only drawings, it's just not my medium.
This one, though, looks like a third-grader did it. I can't believe it's so terrible. But it's okay. I can laugh at myself. This is actually my very very first try with gouache, and I really like the properties of the paint, I just need to learn how to use it and such. I keep wanting to go back to fix this, but the paint's already getting a little thick and I'm sure it is going to threaten to flake off the page eventually, anyway. Well, all I can say is that a black horse was *not* an inspired choice for my first foray into this medium.

No comments: