I took a longer break than I had expected with various painful developments, but I hope I'm starting to get back on track again. I am glad to be flipping out again with Jessica. :D
Actually this worked out well. When she told me our theme weeks ago, I had an image in my mind and I really did not know how to do it. I went ahead with thinking of other ideas (which haven't gotten finished themselves, either).
Then I got these awesome manga models and I figured it out.
So here is my random idea for this week. First time using a pose from Body-kun. (Hahah, yes, that is really his name. His friend is Body-chan.)
My husband told me it's creepy. Do you think it's creepy? I was just going for a general image that could be used for various things; I dunno, I guess it could be creepy...
I loved this week's theme! It gave me fun ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing what Jessica did.
I actually drew several characters named Wasabi, but this is the one I was really after. I've tried to do my own dragons before, but this is the first time I've ever really been pleased. (Oh my gosh he's soooo cuuuute!)
I actually had to draw Wasabi the cat before I could get this one down right. :D
This took me a little longer than I expected because I had to readjust to my new glasses a bit, and I was a little slow in figuring things out. There's still a lot more I'd like to do with this theme, and to ultimately come out with a finished product I have in mind, but here is today's offering. :)
Acrylic gouache in my large watercolor Moleskine. (Bonus points if you can tell what the original reference was, lol.)
I'm excited to see what Jessica came up with this week!
I don't know if I mentioned before, but one of my purposes is to do some pictures that my toddler would like to look at. As a side note, I love love love how this acryl gouache scans! I tested a bit of regular acrylic with this one and did not like it as much (look at the fox's back; it's really darker but didn't scan as well). I do think this image needs a bit of tidying up still with some ink and whatnot, but overall I was pretty thrilled with its outcome.
First, sorry for the really, really bad picture. Maybe I'll fix it later.
Second, as expected my sparkles are not showing up well. *sigh* I wish you could photograph sparklies. I am sure Jessica knows that this theme would not be complete without a pony, so here she is. I had wanted to use my new paint on this, but I can't yet mix a good purple. This is actually not done, sketch though it may be. I can't yet find my silver ink and this needs a number of color adjustments, as well.
Life has been pretty crazy, but I hope for regular posting again!
I got some acryl gouache paints that I have been experimenting with, and I have discovered the Cassowary. They have them here at my new zoo.
This is a sketch in my Canson XL mixed media sketch book, 7x10
This is an ACEO, acryl gouache with a touch of oil pastel. Not much oil pastel as I was just testing, but I was amazed how well it blended with the paint! I have a hard time telling where the op is, it blends so well. I am thrilled!