Friday, May 1, 2009

Horse Breed: Mangalarga Marchador

This breed hails from Brazil (obviously of Spanish descent), what beautiful horses! They are a gaited breed, so they have an ultra-smooth gait not common to non-gaited horses. I am a little bit excited because this drawing has got to be the best drawing I have ever done. I'm not sure why all of a sudden my drawing should have improved by such a measure, though obviously my practice this year is doing some good! This is also the first time I've used my trusty mechanical pencil for a few weeks, so maybe that had something to do with it, and there must be something about dapple gray horses because the last one I drew (back in February) I saw a marked improvement in my drawing, as well. (The reference for this drawing comes from the Wikipedia article on this breed.)

No comments: