Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Baby Giraffe start

This last weekend I attended the Tooele Arts Festival.  This was my first year doing it; in the grand scheme of things, I kind of decided to do it last-minute, so my booth did not look as good as I'd wished it had, but it was great nonetheless.  I met some really great people and I got a lot of good inspiration for this upcoming year.

This is one thing I worked on while I was there.

There is a baby giraffe at the zoo.  Her name is Willow and she is wonderful.  I believe she is two months old in the reference I was using.

So far I've used watercolor markers and watercolor crayons; this is on Canson mix media XL paper, which is my favorite paper (so far) to use the markers on.  Lots of work to do still, but I am not displeased with the beginning.  I think it's 11x14.

(sorry for the shadow on the photo)

2 comments:

stapeliad said...

Suuuupercute Raffie!!! <3

Lisa at Greenbow said...

What a sweet little giraffe. It is coming along nice.