Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Mad! Ajax Tree

This is the series of themes that I do weekly with the wonderful Jessica.

This week's was a funny theme, especially since I wasn't even the one to suggest it.  :D

The Ajax Tree lives in my yard...well, it exists there, at any rate.  You see, back in the day when we didn't have a fence, poor Ajax had to be tied up.  He was usually tied around this tree.  Well, Ajax being a male dog, you can imagine what that poor tree was subjected to...I suspect this, um, treatment is why this beautiful tree ended up dying. :(  It made me sad because it was beautiful and it had gorgeous pink blooms in the spring.

This is what it used to look like.


Here is a rendition of what it looks like currently.  Poor thing.  Drawing this, I couldn't help but think that it looks a bit witchy now.


If a dog can do this to a tree, I'm glad I never had to tie my cats to a tree...

2 comments:

stapeliad said...

Cat pee is the most noxious and foul substance!
I bombed this week's theme, but I still love the (ex) Ajax tree.

It is good that you posted two lovely paintings this week, since I bombed. LOL

~!Carey said...

:D

But at least you had a picture of the tree in all its glory!!